Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reflecting....

I had a totally different concept for this class. I though that it was going to be about getting to know our career more in depth, a lot of reading and writing essays, learning different things about jobs opportunities and how to become more responsible and smart. However, the concept of this class is a thousand times better than what I thought. Since the first day I saw you, I knew that the class was going to be really interesting, open minded, and that we were going to be discussing helpful and important topics. The general topic for this class is something that others will not do it. This is great because it something that we are not been taught and it is affecting our environment.

This class is helping us how to go green? It is also teaching us the different ways that we are destroying our environment and the ways that we can fix it. In addition, it is letting us know how we are been brainwash by advertisements. Also, it opens our eyes to see that corporations, rich people and the government are not the responsible ones for the destruction of our planet. But we, common people are the main responsible ones for allowing them to do the things that they are doing.

I learned a lot of useful information in this class about our environment. I really enjoyed learning the different view of each religion towards the environment. In addition, the An Inconvenient Truth, book for this class it is very interesting. It has a lot of information about the different drastic changes that our planet has and is facing. Watching the video instead of reading the whole book was a clever idea because students (including myself) do not follow the reading assignment.

The different topics that we had for our blogs were interesting, informative, and reflective. I liked the second and third blog assignment. Both of these blogs consisted of our opinions, future ideas or goals, and learning how we are damaging our environment without been aware of it. This assignment helped me to reflect about how I can help improve our environment. It helped me to be more involved with the things that are happening at my surroundings. This class has helped me to open my mind to see the reality that I was ignoring.

1 comment:

LovelyDiamond said...

Yea I thought this class was going to be a lot about our careers and stuff, but I had no idea it was on ecology. This class has been fun and interesting, although the blogs get tiring sometimes. I'm glad to know we are learning about ways we can save the planet and are more open minded now.