Saturday, March 8, 2008

Environment........

Today, I did many different things that affect the environment. One of the things I did was to brush my teeth. This affects the environment because I let the water run even when I am not using it. I not consider with the amount that of water I waste. Another thing that I did today that affects the environment is recycling. Since, I leave in a building we do not have to recycle. Therefore, at home I put all the food, with bags and bottles together. I really do not do much to care for the environment. However, when I am on the streets I tend to throw the garbage in its corresponding place. In my high school I help to turn a garbage dump into a beautiful garden. This garden is located behind the C-building. This gives a good impression to people. I am concern that throughout time our environment is going to become worse than what it is now. This changes are going to change our way of living.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Perez said...

I agree that the situation in this world is only heading for the worse. I have this fear that the majority will not realize its severity until it is too late. I am also really interested in the project you took part in, and want to go check it out. In highschool, we actually had a fieldtrip to Staten Island, where some botanists are actually converting many of its landfills into beautiful landscapes as well, and are even going to try to establish a forest. These efforts are key strides toward our goal and I hope that more schools take an interest in such programs. As for your effect on the environment,maybe now that you are aware of your water consumption you will be more wary of the tap. As for the recycling, =) why not try a recycling center in the vicinity? Put your recycables in a bag until you can go. I don't know, =) We're here to share ideas and save the earth right?=) Jocelyn

NancyP said...

believe me i know what you are talking about because i do the same thing....we do things without even thinking that they can destroy our planet...and yes i saw that commercial that you mention in the comment you left me and you know in my country we dont really use paper towels because they are really expensive and is a great way to save money and by this we have more trees around....