Friday, May 9, 2008

Open Topic...

This research paper is very interesting, since is about a serious problem that is going in my country. This paper has not become frustration because I am learning different things that I did not have idea where happening. In addition, it is a way of seeing the price that others have to pay in order for us to get what we want. It made me conscious of the damage that we are doing to our planet.

However, I am having some problems with the second part. Perhaps it is the part where you have to write the horrible experiences they are going through. It is hard to say things without experiencing them.

I think that my paper needs a lot of details, explanations and descriptions. But as you said it was the first draft to help organize the things that we and still need to develop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always a cool thing to write about something your really passionate about, but at the same time, it can be a sad experience if you're writing about a something like your native land being distroyed.

Because you are unable to be there and experience it first hand, you are going to need to get as much information as possible. I find that visual stuff (news videos) helps a great deal.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying your research assignment.

Doctor X said...

Well, the original, creative part is the toughest because you don't just report anymore. You are really trying to show the "human angle," to appeal to people's emotions so they can truly sympathize/empathize with what you are saying.

Maybe if you keep this in mind, it will make the writing easier...